This review should have been up a long time ago...! Firstly, I have now hit pan on this and secondly (most importantly) Lakme has renamed it. It is now known as Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Compact. I haven't tried the new one yet. I have sampled them at the counter many times (planning to give it a try soon). So here is a quick summary on this one.
I think one consistently good thing that Lakme makes is compacts. They are affordable and the quality is pretty good. Each one of us have used their compacts sometime and some like me still do :) (You remember the good old Lakme Radiance Compact? That would be one of the first makeup product I had along with the Lakme Insta Liner and the Lakme clear lipgloss).
What tempted me to get this one was the packaging.. it looked so pretty and cute and sleek. Of course not to mention the price! 150/-! It was super affordable (the new one is priced at 170INR if I am not wrong...still affordable).
You can see in the photos that I
What I liked:
- The powder is smooth and gives a nice even smooth finish.
- Did not dry out the skin.
- Didn't give a cakey/chalky look. The finish is very natural.
- Most of the colours have yellow undertones.
- Blended easily.
- Gave a slight glow.
- Lasts for 4-5 on my oily skin (which is really good for me).
- Spf 20 (the new one has spf 23...does it make a difference?)
- Light to medium coverage. I have manged to cover small blemishes with this and a BB cream really nicely (no it will not cover those pesky stubborn scars...but for minor issues this worked fine).
- The price!
What I did not like:
- Even though they have like 6 shades available (with this and the new one too), somehow they all will suit only light to medium skin tones. Lakme should come out with something for the darker tones too!!
- The puff is not very useful (when have they ever been?!.. but I have still managed to use it for touch-ups and kohl issues).
- No ingredient list.
Price: 150INR for 8g
Now, coming to the most imprtant thing!! I need to get a new compact and I need your advice. Should I get the new Perfect Radiance? Is the Elle18 one better than this one? Or is there something better out there that is budget friendly? Let me know please :)