Up today is the University of Delhi (informally Delhi University), one of India’s leading public central university. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly. Because of its high standards in teaching, every year thousands of talented students come to Delhi from each and every part of the country.
Delhi University offers courses and programs in various streams like :
- Science - (B.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D and M.Sc)
- Arts - (BA, Advanced Diploma, Certificate courses. MA, M.Phil, Ph.D)
- Education - (B.Ed, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, P.Hd)
- Commerce - (MBE, M.Com, B.Com, MFC, M.Phil and Ph.D)
- Engineering - (B.E. B.Tech, M. Tech, M.E, and Ph.D)
- Medical & Dental Sciences - (B.Sc, BUMS, DM, DNB, M.Ch, MBBS, MD, PG Diploma, BDS)
- Paramedical - (B.Sc & M.Sc Nursing, Diploma in Child Health & Tuberculosis & chest disease)
- Pharmacy - (Diploma)
- Management - (BA, BBS, MBA, Ph.D)
- Law - (LLB, LLM, MCL, Ph.D)
- Computer Applications - (MCA)
- Agriculture - (B.Sc Agro-Chemical & Pest Control; Sericulture)
- Mass Communication - (BA)
Delhi University results and placements are very good. The campus has a central placement cell in which students placed in reputed multinationals, government Organisations, NGO's and the private sector. A few of the companies that took part in the 2014 placements were : Whirlpool India Pvt. Ltd, Wipro, AON Hewitt, Perkin Elmer, Medley Marketing Pvt Ltd etc. You can get other details about the courses, fees and faculty at CollegeDunia.