Let me just put it out there...I am not good with hair styles. Not that I don't try, but everytime I want to put my hair in a different way, I end up having a birds nest look. So I stick to keeping my hair open, usually as it is, and on occasions when I am going out, straightening it out a bit. So a hair straightner is my most used hair styling tool. I got set the Diamond Flat Iron from Irresistible Me and I have been using it for the past few weeks. Let's a look at it :)
"The Diamond Professional Flat Iron is our next-generation, digital, SMART styling iron featuring unique DIAMOND Hi-Tech, which coats the floating ceramic plates with crushed diamond particles mixed with tourmaline.
The diamond and tourmaline technology will protect your hair and keep all the natural hair oils, color and moisture in, leaving your hair healthy, shiny and frizz free. The styling will last longer against air humidity and everyday stress."
- A 360° mobile cord that swivels around following your every move
- A thumb print and cool tips for a steady grip and to avoid burning your fingers
- All buttons are on the inside so you don't accidentally change the settings
- Shuts down automatically in 30 minutes
- Gets hot (450F/230C) really fast, in up to 15 seconds
- Intelligent heat display that lets you see the temperature all the time
- It is super light and comes in a beautifully designed box with magnetic closing that you can use to store it
- It automatically changes the temperature display to Celsius or Fahrenheit, depending on the supplied voltage, making it perfect for travelling
- The 1'' floating plate self-adjusts, eliminating any pressure points, so that the iron can work through your hair smoothly without pulling
It comes packaged in a sturdy, black cardobard box with a magnetic-closure flap-type lid. I do not use it for storing though. I will show you how I store my hair tools in a seperate post soon :) The box comes with an instruction manual and for your safety, please make sure you read it before use.
What I like :
- The light weight plastic body. The weight of the flat iron is almost nothing compared to its power. Since it is light, it is extremely comfortable to use. No pains!
- The bright red color :)
- The 360° swivel feature makes it very easy to manuver while using. No tangles.
- The LED temperature display and The green light strip (see the pic below) which lights up as you increase the temperature. It makes me feel like I have a laser sword :D
- The power and temperature control buttons are inside. It prevents me from turning off the tool mid way.
- The wide temperatue range (130° - 230°). Lower temperatures can be used for mildly wavey hair and higher for straightening curly hair. I personally like to keep it around 150°-200°, depending on how much time I have in hand.
- It gets hot super fast!
- The body has curved edges, which means you can use the flat iron to even curl your hair! I have tired it and it works beautifully!
- The iron does a good job of straightenign the hair. It leaves it fairly smooth. I would have liked the end result to be a little more smoother and sleeker though. Neverthless, it does the job quickly and decently.
- Has the added precaution of shutting down automatically in 30 minutes
Below are the before and after photos. Take a look!
Price : 149 $
* Disclaimer: Product provided by the brand for review. The opinions expressed here are our own and honest. Links in the post are for information only